Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A crushed skull and plenty of broken bones in the dirt bowl

The dirt bowl work continues. It's hard because I have to fit in the digging around 'life', but it is really starting to come along nicely. I figure that I have about a week or so left. I think I can have it totally dug by the end of the weekend. Getting the dirt packed down enough will take a while longer and if it doesn't rain, I will get out the hose. Which reminds me, I broke the outdoor tap last winter icing the hockey rink. Which reminds me, I have to take down the rink boards and get rid of the tarp.

Anyway, here is a picture of the skull that I accidentally busted up while digging. I believe it to be a deer. The whole skeleton was down there. The kids got a big kick out of this because they were sincerely hoping to find some dinosaur bones. In this first picture, if you look really closely, you can see the outline of the deer's head that I traced in the dirt to show the kids how it went together.



Then here's a shot of the rest. I'm sure there's still more down there, but the bones were really brittle. I don't think I have a career in paleontology because I pretty much destroyed everything I touched even when I was trying to be careful.



The bowl is really progressing. It's pretty hard to get the depth from my crappy pictures. The camera flattens the perspective badly. The walls here are about five feet high. It will be plenty big enough to boost some little airs. The twin tabletops are just to the left in this picture and will be attached to the bowl. It will be possible to boost off the smaller table directly into the bowl. Once the dirt is packed enough that is. Try it now and you'll auger your front tire about a foot into the berm wall.



There is a roll-in entrance and there will also be this pretty sweet spine to get into the bowl. It doesn't look like much in the pic, but in person it's cool. I have day dream visions of busting 360s off this spine into the bowl. Hey, it could happen...



I also picked up the new bars. This is purely a vanity purchase. I think they look just swell and I'm told that those Edwin grips are preferred. Good stuff.
As you can see below, I bought some Odyssey Aaron Ross spacebars. I am told that my jumps will be much higher and way more stylish.



Here they are attached to the bike. Which reminds me. I suck at taking pictures with my crappy camera. I will have to get my brother to come by and take real photos of the bike, the bowl and me riding the bowl, with his DSLR.

No comments:

Post a Comment