Monday, April 19, 2010

Dirt bowl is steadily taking shape

The digging continues. It just freaking continues and continues.

Sometimes I feel a little like Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind. He started out making a replica of "Devil's Tower" with mashed potatoes and then eventually lost it and built a giant mountain in the living room. Hopefully, somebody in my family loves me enough to organize an intervention if I ever get to this point.



But, on a positive note, the digging obsession is paying dividends. The bowl is actually taking shape now. I think that it requires about 2-3 days of digging. But I'm pretty optimistic. Three weeks ago I figured it would take about a week.

Here are some pics of the progress.



Here is a picture of the little spine transfer/entrance into the bowl. I've tried it a few times and it's already fun.



Another pic of the spine jump.



The arrow shown here is pointing to the smaller side of the table jump. That is the spot that I was hitting up in the earlier pictures from 'Day One'.



And finally here is the view from the edge of my lawn before my yard goes into the 'dirt park'. Kind of looks like the Shire from Lord of the Rings. Maybe it is time for that intervention...

No comments:

Post a Comment